-Social Problem: Teen Suicide
-Social Problem- Any problem that may cause pain and may affect a person’s life.
à Teen Suicide- Intentional and self-inflicted death.
à Related to substance abuse (drugs/alcohol)
- This is a Social Problem because:
- Teens (people) feel something is wrong with their lives, so they begin to abuse drugs/alcohol to get their mind off their problem. This makes people upset with their lives and think that committing suicide is the “easy way out”.
- Family problems
- Relationship problems
- Death of a loved one (friend/family)
-*Drugs/Alcohol à Suicide
- Individual: Suicide, substance addiction.
- Family: Grief, depression, guilt, arguments on blaming.
- Society: May cause others to think it is a way to get away from all their problems. “easy way out”.
Word Count: 131