Every year, technology continues to advance. Devices become smaller, smarter, and faster. Truth be told, your smartphone actually contains more information than those room-sized computers that sent a man to the moon. With this comparison in mind, you can truly see the extent of how much technology has evolved in a span of only a few decades. If we take a trip back to 1979, students from that era worried about advances like fuel-efficient cars and the green revolution, to name a few, and most of which have been solved now. These new solutions, though, caused new problems. Gasoline engine made travelling faster, but raised concerns on global warming and pollution. While we advance, our problems also advance – and the need for technology researches is needed now more than ever. If you’re one of the students who wish to contribute to this field, this post looks into some of the best topics you can work for your research. Read on to find out.
How do you write a research paper: some tips
- Understand your research assignment. What kind of research paper have you been assigned? Go over your assignment sheets and double-check any necessary information before proceeding.
- Find your topic. Look over the topic listed below to find the best one suitable for you. It is integral to choose a topic that interests you, as writing research papers can be a draining, if you are not passionate about the subject.
- Research about the chosen topic. Once you’ve decided on a topic, research on it. Check for research articles available on the internet, or even at your school library. The key to writing a good research paper is reading as much as you can, to be able to support your claims and arguments.
- Make an outline. As soon as you have mapped the way your research should flow, create an outline. This will make the writing process easier to manage and more efficient. Start with the introduction, and then the body, and lastly the conclusion.
- Make sure your sources are credible. The internet may be accessible, but remember to watch out for fake data. Nowadays, it’s easy to fake everything on cyberspace, so make sure to check your sources. Better yet, stick to scholarly journals and articles instead.
- Do not forget to revise and proofread your paper. Even with juicy content, a research paper will still be considered poor if handed in with grammatical mistakes and writing errors. Make sure to proofread accordingly.
Research Paper Topics on Technology
Technology in General
To help you get started, here is a list of topic ideas incorporating different aspects of technology, and how it affects many areas of the human life:
- Determine the long-term effects of living in a technologically advanced world – are these effects in the positive or negative?
- How do children under the age of 12 grow up now compared to how college-age students did a decade back? How is it any different, and what does it imply?
- What is currently the most important technological tool invented that holds promise in solving world problems?
- Has social media helped solve or create problems around the world?
- Do social media, mobile phones, and the Internet make the world bigger? Or do they make it smaller?
- Are there any implications on the global economy brought about by globalization through technology?
- Technology is rapidly changing that we use devices that come with frustrating glitches and problems – is there a solution to this?
- Is there any parallelism to our social interactions with other and our interactions with machines?
- Is it morally wrong to genetically engineer children?
- Are there any new ways people can utilize technology to change the world?
- Is digital learning slowly changing schools and the education system?
- Should the Internet be censored?
- Do digital tools truly instigate productivity?
- What is the extent of damage brought about by the development of new technologies?
- How will technology look like in 20 years?
- Identity chips under skin: Should the world do it?
- People in every country should be given to technological advances
- How are human brains different from computers?
- Is organic food better than genetically modified food?
- Will genetically modified food technologies truly solve hunger issues?
- Developments have discovered that sequence human genes can be used predict possible heath risks in the future: is this something everyone should be doing? What are the benefits and limitations of said testing?
- Who has the right to information on genetic testing? Should healthcare companies and employers be given access to that information or should they remain confidential?
- When and how should parents share genetic information with their children, if any?
- Are auto driving cars the cars of the future? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- How will travelling be done in the future?
- Should work from home finally be the norm, given the current status of Internet availability and information technologies?
- How will computers advance in five years time?
- Should employers have access to potential and current employees’ social media accounts?
Technology and How it Affects Health
Health, as human beings, should be our top priority. If you’re interested about how two different things work together for the benefit of an entire race, then the topics below might be perfect for you:
- What should be improved to make the process of organ donation a better experience in terms of speed and convenience?
- When should a person be considered dead? Should there be changes or clarifications in the current definition of “brain death"?
- Should people be encouraged more to choose organ donation should the circumstances call for it?
- Are there any methods developed to help solve the problem of shortage of donors?
- Regenerating human limbs: will it be a reality in our lifetime?
- What is the best way to rehabilitate people who have lost limbs?
- Is it ethical to use animal tissues in people?
- Are embryonic stem cells still necessary, given that technological innovations have the potential to make them obsolete?
- Should more of funding grants given by the National Institute of Health go to practical research projects instead, as they produce direct medical help to individuals?
- On a wartime crisis context, should medical costs of wounded soldiers be factored in the research and rehabilitation budget?
- How do you solve the alarming problem of Type 2 diabetes in the United States?
- What is the treatment for morbid obesity?
- Bypass surgeries: Should they be used as a standard cure for type 2 diabetes?
- Causes and solutions: The surge of diabetes in the United States?
- How much of diabetes type 2 and obesity genetic and behavioural?
- Should people suffering from obesity and diabetes be paying more for health care?
Technology and its Impact on Social Relationships
Interested to know more about the extent of the influence of technology on social relationships? Here are some topics to write about:
- How has social media changed our relationships with other people?
- The importance of monitoring and limiting our social media intake
- Addiction to technology should be a global concern
- How is social media negatively influencing the workplace?
- Social media and its effect on families, friendship, and romance
- Has social media damaged the current generation's social skills?
- How should people effectively manage their social media profiles?
- Should there be more regulations made for social media privacy?
Computer Science and Robotics
The very heart of technology is in the hub of innovations and Artificial Intelligence. If this greatly piques your interest, then consider the topics below:
- Cloud computing: Where is the software and hardware borderline?
- Should everything be moved into the cloud? What are the benefits and limitations?
- Can reinforcement learning really teach robots to become more like human beings?
- How can computer programmers be able to protect a device, especially with the rise of open-source?
- Can big data and bioinformatics affect biology?
- Machine learning: definition and importance
- Which industry will machine learning leave the most impact?
- Can virtualization trigger change in entertainment?
- How can virtual reality contribute to education?
- The advantages and disadvantages of virtual reality
- What’s next for the Internet? Can it still be improved for the better?
- What will humans do once computers take over our tasks?
- Which of the computer languages will become most relevant in the future?
- How are robots currently shaping the current state of healthcare?
Technology and Beyond
The power humans have acquired over nature is undeniable, and is rapidly accelerating. However, not everything extraordinary should be celebrated, as there is a price to pay that comes with our advancement. While technology in the aspect of communication has made almost every detail of information accessible, this can be malevolently used by tyrannical governments against their own people, or humanity in general. Tracking every person on Earth can be possible. The development of nuclear power proves to be helpful now because of the potential to replace fossil fuels, but exploitation has used it to make the most dangerous of weapons. Biotechnology holds promise for better health care, but a fine line has been drawn since the discovery of cloning, and moral implications should be questions. Technology has indeed brought us far, but its double-edged sword nature cannot be ignored. The good news is there is always the choice to use technology for good – and if used for good, the world will be in a much better place. That may be in your hands, so research wisely!
Essay and Research Paper Writing Service
The extent to which human intelligence has carried civilization is absolutely mind-boggling. The pace in which technology continues to top itself each passing day defies description, let alone formal written research. With a plethora of topics to choose from, no wonder students are left stupefied whenever asked to complete essays and research papers. That is because simultaneous with the technology's rapid flourishing is the steadily increasing physical and mental toll of academics on students. We at CustomEssayMeister are aware of such stress, and thus, our academic writing service is tailored to your needs. In the form of A+ quality, 100% original custom written papers, students like you need not prolong the agony. Custom essays, custom research papers, and custom term papers, theses, dissertations, even business papers, you name it, our professional writers can accomplish it. Do yourself a favor and live a more productive, worry-free campus life. Send us a message for any inquiries. Feel free to place an order if time is no longer on your side.