Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Barack Obama—what do these prominent historical figures have in common? They each made their mark, not simply for being great leaders, but for being great orators. They have given some of the greatest speeches in history that inspired and mobilized thousands. And, years later, people still remember and recite their speeches.
The speech you make for a class or a family event may not be as historically significant but it can still inform or touch other people. For this reason, your speech should be well-written and engaging, no matter how short or informal. You must have a lot of questions now about what is a speech, how to write a great speech, or how to prepare for a speech. Let us address those questions!
What Is A Speech?
Technically, speech is the act of communicating one’s thoughts through spoken words. We do it every day, usually when engaged in a conversation with one or more other people. However, a speech also is the act of speaking about a particular subject in front of an audience. In this context, the speaker is expected to do all the talking. Thus, they are expected to have written their speech beforehand, but they are also expected to keep the audience interested in what they have to say.
There are different types of speeches. The type of speech you will deliver typically depends on the context in which you will deliver it.
- Informative speech. As the name suggests, an informative speech is one that aims to inform the audience of a concept or theory. Usually, informative speeches are used to convey complex ideas into simpler, easy-to-digest information.
- Demonstrative speech. A demonstrative speech is similar to an informative speech in that it aims to convey new information to the audience. However, a demonstrative speech is more specific in its topic as it aims to show to the audience how something works.
- Persuasive speech. A persuasive speech is where the speaker states their position on a topic then proves their stand using arguments and evidence. The goal of a persuasive speech, like writing a persuasive essay, is to convince the audience to agree with them.
- Entertaining speech. Entertaining speeches are more informal than the first three types of speeches. These are usually given in family events where you celebrate a person or a couple by sharing anecdotes or expressing emotions. Graduation speeches, motivational speeches, and impromptu speeches typically fall under this category.
Knowing the type of speech you will deliver will help you narrow down your topic and tailor your approach to the topic of your speech. If you need inspiration for topics, check out our list of persuasive speech topics, motivational speech topics, or impromptu speeches.
If writing is not your forte, you may find speech writing trickier than a simple essay. You do not need to make life more difficult. Simply ask CustomEssayMeister to write your speech. CustomEssayMeister offers custom speech writing services on top of its essay writing services. CustomEssayMeister’s writers are capable of writing any of the four types of speeches on any topic. You can count on experienced writers to write a great introduction that will endear you to your audience, know how to present information or arguments in a logical and organized way, while also keeping the audience engaged.
What Makes CustomEssayMeister Speeches Different?
Delivering a great, memorable speech is anchored on a well-written speech. There are certain rules and techniques that the greatest speakers follow. CustomEssayMeister’s writers are aware of these and will deliver a speech that not only contains the characteristics of a great speech but also meets your expectations.
- 100% unique. Like CustomEssayMeister’s essays, speeches are all unique and written specially for each client. No two clients will receive the same speech. Even if you are not worried about plagiarism, you can guarantee that your speech is as unique as you! Do you want a joke at the beginning of your speech? Or perhaps an inspirational quote? Your speech will be written based on your preferences as well as on the purpose of your speech.
- Clarity & conciseness. These two are indispensable when it comes to speeches. In a speech, your audience will be listening instead of reading, so certain types of sentences, such as lengthy sentences, are to be avoided. Your speech will be easy to digest and entertaining to listen to.
- Affordability. With CustomEssayMeister, you will get an infallible service for affordable pricing. Client satisfaction is the company’s priority, so aside from ensuring top-notch quality, first-time clients are entitled to a 10% discount, while our long-term clients enjoy a loyalty discount of 10% or higher (terms and conditions apply).
- Efficiency. The CustomEssayMeister website is designed to make ordering speeches easy efficient, and safe. It will take less than 5 minutes to place an order and you are guaranteed to receive your speech within your deadline.
- Revision option. CustomEssayMeister takes its pledge to keep clients satisfied, that is why there is a revision option in case your speech does not meet your requirements. You can request a revision for free as long as there are no additions or changes to your original instructions.
- Professional writers. Your speech will be written by a professional writer who knows the ins-and-outs of speech writing. CustomEssayMeister’s seasoned writers are encouraged to constantly improve their skills so they can deliver the best speech every time.
Whether it’s a 1-minute speech or a 5-minute presentation (do you also need a Powerpoint Presentation? - we can help!), do not let just anyone write your speech. Trust your speech only to experts who care about the outcome of your speech and will make sure that you make positive memories and impressions with your speech.
CustomEssayMeister is always ready to help you write a memorable speech. All it takes is 5 steps to place an order for a speech.
- Go to CustomEssayMeister’s order page.
- Under “Price Calculator,” simply click on each box and select the appropriate categories or details. This section will ask for the type of assignment you need (simply select speech), how long your speech is (1 page should give you about 3 minutes of speech), and your deadline.
- The “Assignment Details” page will ask about the details of your speech. Let us know the topic, the title of your speech (if you have one in mind), what the speech is for, and other specific requirements or details your writer needs to know.
- In “Writer Preference” you can request a specific writer that you may have worked with in the past. If you do not have one, simply click the toggle button and our project managers will select the best writer to complete your assignment.
- To finalize your order, click “Add to cart,” input your payment details, read and confirm to our terms of service, then click “Pay.”
That’s it! Once your payment is processed, your order will go straight to our system. Our project managers will find a writer whose skills and expertise best match your speech’s needs. You will be notified once a writer has been chosen. All you need to do is wait for your complete speech. Order your speech now.