A Few Rules To Keep In Mind When Writing An Article
A n article is defined as piece of written work that will be for publication. It can be about a person, an event, a location, new information, or an opinion. The publication that it will be on plays a big factor. Articles range from those that are submitted for competition, such as in school, to those that are published in a journal, newspaper, a newsletter, or magazine. The formality in its tone depends on the audience and subject. Contrary to a report, an article is also expected to amuse. Aside from facts, it may also include the author’s personal opinion.
Before we go over to the writing part, the approach how to write an article depends on who, where, and what:
- Who - You have to know who the targeted readers are. The overall tone of the article will depend on your audience.
- Where - Is the article going to be published in a school paper? Or a broadsheet?
- What - This refers to the purpose of the article. Does it seek to inform, persuade, or advise? Or will it simply contain a little bit of everything including your own opinion?
The writing part
After learning the preparation how to write an article, you must realize that its components are similar to those of when writing an essay:
- The title - It should sound attractive and give the readers a strong idea of what they are about to read. It must be catchy and straightforward at the same time.
- The introduction - It should include a short overview of the issue being discussed while keeping the reader interested.
- The article’s body - This is where you discuss the issue and present details and facts. The length depends on the word count limit. This is also where you answer the questions about the issue.
- T he conclusion - This is where you express the summary of the issue. It may contain your final take or suggestions, or a question posed to readers.
Now that you know how to write an article, these are additional reminders so you can write an even better article:
- Your introduction should be short but very powerful . Go straight to the issue. If your introduction is very long, chances are your reader’s appetite for your article will decrease. This should carry over to the rest of the article. Avoid using difficult and unfamiliar words because you do not want the readers to be confused. You want them to stay focused reading.
- Substance over style. Write what the readers need to know . Do not make the mistake of writing just for the sake of writing. The article’s purpose is to be as honest, direct, and entertaining as possible in the fewest words. What you must understand is shortness does not necessarily mean loss of essence and style. With the right words, shortness can mean power.
- Content is the issue and how you write it is the technique. Make sure that your technique makes your content more interesting . Content is always content yet your technique can either make or break the article’s quality. It is not what is written, it’s how it is written.
- Make sure that your choice of words is appropriate, catchy, and appetizing to the reader. Construct entertaining transitions throughout. Imagine all your readers’ questions and answer them honestly.
- Make an effort to surprise and impress your readers. For example, you can attach a relevant quote after the title before the introduction. That should spark the reader’s interest even more. At the end of the article you can also ask questions to your reader for the purpose of making them think and analyze. That way, they will be looking forward to your next article.
Ghostwriting services for college students
Writing an article shouldn't be too hard if you know the basics of it. You can draw inspiration from other materials you read. However, not everyone possess the ability to write easily. If you find yourself in a difficult situation and writing is something you're struggling with, then maybe CustomEssayMeister can help. We pride ourselves with quality work delivered by our expert and professional writers for our faithful clients. From custom essays, research papers, term papers, and articles, there's nothing we can't help you with. Don't be shy and reach out to CustomEssayMeister. There's nothing wrong with seeking help. We'll gladly help you with that article.